Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fourth of July Independence day

the sun is out again so we went to our favorite spot . ( the out to lunch painting bunch)  we had two new painters today Susie Hyer another professional artist from Colorado and Kyoko  Ishigami. She paints every day
.                                             Half way through 9x12 That's Susie in front of me
I always learn something when painting with other artists ( or I .remember something  forgot)  I learned to be more discerning in my values.  there are so many shapes and values in this scene; it can make your eyes crazy and of course it changes from moment to moment. I love it when it's a little bit hazy here in Kauai; it helps to push the mountains back.


.
 
This 5 x 7 is from Sunday at the same spot I love it! SOLD
I did 3 more will post tomorrow
Early we are going to the Kilauea Lighthouse Lookout to ;paint. More Later.

Going to the 38th annaul 4th of july Celebratio n put on by Kirby and Toby at Kalihiwai  


No comments:

Post a Comment